Book a home measuring appointment
Book a home measuring appointment
Now that staying in is the new going out, this winter is the perfect time to make sure you have a comfortable, cosy interior to enjoy. Installing a pair of beautifully made sustainable wool curtains will not only improve how your windows look, but they will help to keep draughts out and make your home feel cosy and warm. With a spectrum of colours and textures to choose from, here’s a run down of our wool fabrics perfect for winter warming.
Changing up your soft furnishings for winter is one of the quickest ways to create a fresh mood, without completely redecorating. Adding heavier weight curtains, rugs, throws and cushion covers all add to the feeling of cosiness we crave at this time of year. Re-energising your space with uplifting pops of colour and texture couldn’t be simpler with the Stitched made to measure curtains and blinds wool ranges. By mixing different compositions alongside wonderful wool, we have created four bespoke collections each with their own distinct look.
Wool Curtains Made with 95% virgin wool from Yorkshire, this timeless fabric hangs like a dream. Available in 33 standout colours there is something for all tastes.
Flax Curtains Made with 70% wool content, the Flax collection has a textural rustic finish. Available in 21 shades, peppered with coloured flecks this feel good fabric adds subtle pattern to interiors.
Upcycled Silk Curtains Made with 67% wool, this three tone tweed effect fabric is elevated with the addition of upcycled silk, giving a luxurious tactile finish. Available in 6 punchy colours.
Hemp CurtainsMade with 60% wool and the heaviest of the wool collection, Hemp has a rustic slub yarn with a rugged textural look. Available in 8 nature inspired colours.
With a choice of finishes and over 70 colours across the four ranges there’s plenty of possibilities for adding warmth and depth to your space with made to measure curtains and made to measure blinds. The beauty of these fabrics is their heavier weight means they may not need lining and the high wool content comes with many added benefits…
1. Eco friendly. Wool is a natural and renewable source. Produced year round it is biodegradable when disposed of adding nutrients back into the earth’s soil as it decomposes. At Stitched the British wool is sourced from farms in Yorkshire. Grown without the use of pesticides, there is significantly less energy involved in the manufacturing of wool compared to man made products.
2. Hypoallergenic. Wool is naturally resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions. It also naturally repels dirt and stains. Perfect for high touch furnishings such as curtains and ideal in rooms with lots of moisture such as bathrooms and kitchens.
3. Air purifying. Wool is fantastic at absorbing harmful pollutants from the air such as VOC’s from cleaning products, paint and glue. It is estimated that use of wool in interiors can help purify the air for up to 30 years!
4. Energy efficient. Wool has good insulation properties, helping to reduce heat transfer through windows, helping rooms stay cosier for longer.
5. Hard wearing. Wool is known for being strong and resilient. The elasticity of the product means it retains its shape for longer, preventing creasing and wear. It is naturally fire retardant too. A well cared for wool product will stay looking as good as new well into its lifetime.
Explore all of our fabric collections to see which one will work best for your home.OUR FABRICS