How to hang your curtains: The pencil pleat guide
1. Tie the three draw cords together at one side of each curtain. The tie should be secure but not too tight. The tie should be made on the leading edge, where the curtains (if a pair) will meet.
2. Make sure you have the final measurement of your pole or track to determine your required curtain width.
3. From the opposite side pull the three cords at the same time to gather the curtain. Continue to gather the curtain into even pleats until the required curtain width is reached.
4. When you’ve reached the right length, tie off the cords but DO NOT CUT OFF the excess strings. You never know if you might need to ungather the curtain at a later date for cleaning. Tuck the loose cords out of sight behind the heading tape.
5. There are 3 rows where you get insert your hook - decide which row of hook pockets to use. Keep in mind that this will alter the length of your curtains.
6. Insert a hook at each end of the tape and then approximately every 10cm across the width of the curtain.
7. Attach each hook to a curtain ring (for a pole) or glider (for a track).